I can't get in on this one, it's up to you old-school cousins! Which group of your cousins do you, yourself, personally, remember playing with the most when you were growing up?
Also, stories and anecdotes of these shenanigans would be greatly appreciated here!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Am,
Hard to answer this with just one answer. You may want to make it a multiple answer poll.
Also, you left off The Dionessious(aka:Gina)
Because I remembner going over Aunt Annette's as a little tot, playing with Gina, and thinking "what a beeeetch!". But she is so waaaaay cool now! right G ;-)
I remember hiding from Gary under my bed. He found me and promptly jumped on the bed with me still under it!(thats what blew out your knee alter-E , i know it!)
Bothering Cathy with Steve at the Sapienza's.
Getting beat upon by Anthony at the Nazarre's.
I think i went over Uncle Johns twice as a kid. All i know is they seemed to live farther then Aunt Theresa & Uncle Joe! And they didn't have trees in da Bronx!
Sorry Gena! Didn't mean to leave you out. Stephen, it won't let me edit the poll since people have already voted. So anyone who played with Dionessious a lot, just leave a story here instead of polling. :)
Great stories, Stephen! Come on cousins, we wanna hear more!
Hey Steve-
I Don't know who's house you visited-but there were plenty of Tree's in the Bronx especially in the Diones hood- we lived a block away from Van Cortlandt Park! Anyway- we didn't get around much when I was a kid. Pop didn't (and doesn't) like to drive. We saw everyone more often once George got his drivers license.
It's funny how we really visited my father's side more but always love visiting my mother's side. I guess we saw the Nazarris the most thanks to that wonderful jewlery making jobs our mothers had. Watching Aunt Gorgette lugging bags of jewlery down the street with the kids and spending hours putting everything together for pennies(if that much). I do miss robbing the 7/11 at the O'Sullivan's.
I remember I never liked to hear we were going to the island either to visit Aunt Margie or Aunt Elaine's house because I got sick the whole way there. My parents started carrying a bucket in the car for me and that was suppose to make me feel better about going. But one thing I know I never wanted to leave because we always had the best time.
I also remember always laughing about something. Lanie and Anthony always had their funny stories. Gary just put a smile on your face just being himself. Jerry and Stephen appeared to be on the
quiet side.
Thats what pops in my head for now, hopefully I can remember some more ( I better take some memory pills).
Yeah and you never could wait to puke out of the car.
I love this! More stories! More stories!! Come on, Joyce, I know you've got some to share!
Cathy is so right. Not only was i on the quiet side, i would hide under the coffee table when company came over(I honestly thought they couldn't see me). My family still checks under there when they can't find me :-)
My alter-ego has retained his crazy, gregarious, dorky self from childhood. Where as i had to be coaxed OUT FROM UNDER THE TABLE, and hon my crazy skills by going to dork night school, and playing gigs on weekends with the "Lunatic Improve Group"(i was the only member...go figure).
Exposer to our family will undoubtbly rub off also. My Sandy has been "Goodman-tised", and she hasn't been the same since we got back!
I always loved visiting the Sapienza's because I loved to stand on the radiator and find the statue of liberty! And we ALWAYS had so much fun over there!
I remember the pool at the o'sullivans, and playing the most with Patti...following her all over the place. And we ALWAYS had so much fun over there!
I remember playing with Anthony over at Aunt Georgette's house and the house always smelling of something delicious she was cooking up. I also remember Anthony and I having our Holy Communion on the same day. :) And we ALWAYS had so much fun over there!
I remember Gina being a very little girl when we would go visit Aunt Annette and Grandma. Next thing we knew she was all growed up!
And like I said earlier, I do NOT remember meeting the dione's until Pat's wedding circa 1989 or 90. I will never forget us being at the church and them coming in and from that point on, a 3 day laughing fit ensued. And we've had SO much fun with them ever since! :)
Post a Comment