I think most of us are voting for him because we think he's the best candidate. Well, that's why I'm voting for him, anyway... but the Colorado thing sure doesn't hurt!
Of course McCain is from Arizona and that's where I live... now I'm all confused. :)
It's like the movie "Hook" now I know with 3 girls you've must have seen it. When the boys realize that Robin Williams is really Peter Pam the little kid says "Hey, GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!" So, Hey give Obama a chance he can't do any worse then the one we have for the past 8 years. Hey Deashia could do better then him.
Hey guys -- yep, Palin's shrill, but punchy. Damn divisive speech, I thought. What are they so angry about? 8 years ain't enough, I guess. Well, just sayin' hi to y'all from your favorite works-in-the-liberal-media guy. - B
There is no way, if you watched Palin's speech last night, that you wouldn't have connected to her. It is sooo exciting!
To anyone, Palin's "shrill" is a whole lot easier to digest than Oby's constant "head tilt corination stance" during his admittingly effective, incredibly empty speeches.
Bruce, Get your dad on this blog pronto! I might need backup ;-)
First don't talk about voices when we had to listen to the Hill for so many months. Second you have to admit that Bama boy has no plan no ideas. Sarah made him look like the puppet he is. ALL TALK nothing he has done supports him to be president.
Of course I think McCain is a real American who loves this country. I just don't agree with his policies or how much he supports the WORST PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY. And I don't agree with anything Sarah Palin has to say. I wouldn't vote for Hillary based solely on gender and she was actually qualified to be president. I'll be damned if I vote for Sarah Palin just because she's pretty. A pro-life woman from Alaska who's just dying to drill for oil in her own backyard and who they're saying "has foreign policy experience because Alaska is close to Russia"? Give me an effin' break.
How can you say Obama has no plan or ideas? Did you even listen to his speech? If you did, then we heard two very different speeches. The one I heard laid out plans for lowering middle class taxes, bettering our schools, ending the misguided war responsibly, getting healthcare for all, and ending our dependency on oil. Did you not hear any of those ideas and plans? Maybe you watched the speech on mute?
We really should leave politics OFF the cousin blog. Things could get nasty, and since we are a pretty loving, peaceful, incredibly WARPED family, i wouldn't want politics to jeopardise what we have.
So lets stop with this crappy topic...OK.
At least until McCain wins the election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Unlike John McCain, I will stop giving tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas"
"Now is the time to end this addiction, and to understand that drilling is a stop-gap measure, not a long-term solution. Not even close. As president, I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology, and find ways to safely harness nuclear power. I'll help our auto companies retool, so that the fuel-efficient cars of the future are built right here in America."
"I'll invest 150 billion dollars over the next decade in affordable, renewable sources of energy — wind power and solar power and the next generation of biofuels; an investment that will lead to new industries and 5 million new jobs that pay well and can't ever be outsourced."
"Now, many of these plans will cost money, which is why I've laid out how I'll pay for every dime — by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens that don't help America grow. But I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work and making the ones we do need work better and cost less — because we cannot meet 21st century challenges with a 20th century bureaucracy."
You know Am, if i were Sarah Palin or McCain or Obama, you know what i would do?
I would veto anything pro-life, and drill in my own backyard! I would increase defense spending, and NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it(charity is an individual choice).
But i would give peace a chance(as Winston O Boogie once said) ;-)
Hi cousins! Okay-i apologize to those of you who read what i'm about to post from the goodman blog---but i can't sit here quietly any longer. And for the record? I changed the channel after the first 10 minutes of her speech...I couldn't listen to her anymore.
But here is my (lengthy) opinion on the Sarah Palin thing-and it has nothing to do with her experience, or lack thereof.
Being as I have been a mother to a special needs child for almost 25 years now, Sarah's number one JOB and COMMITMENT in her life right now should taking care of that adorable down-syndrome baby. Every time they show her other adorable very LITTLE girl holding that baby in the audience, I say to Mark...SHE should be holding him. I don't care if it sounds sexist, I don't care if it sounds old-fashioned...because what it really is is a fact of life...those kids need their mother available to them 24/7. Including the one who is pregnant. I don't care if she had all the political experience in the world...there is no way a nanny, or I'm sorry, even the dad-can replace a mom who is traveling thousands of miles away week after week after week. She already HAD a demanding job as govenor and should be happy and thankful if she could mix mothering and that job. It's one thing to be a working mother trying to raise 5 children with your office in the same state you live in...but to go to places like Israel and Iraq, not to mention the danger she puts herself in where those kids can even lose their mom- to me, is morally wrong. She wanted to have a big family---it was her CHOICE to create this large beautiful family, then take care of them. Her husband looks like the lime-light is the last place he wants to be. Ice-fishing one day and then on stage before 39 million people the next is unfair to him as well.
Anyhow, that's what I think. (you probably liked it better when I was quiet huh? heehee!)
And no matter who wins, or who we all prefer, either way it's going to be a very close and interesting race. It's been interesting from the start! And I'm willing to bet the one thing we can ALL AGREE ON is how we all can't wait to have all the political commercials over with! Does anyone even listen to ANY of them? Whether they be from Obama/McCain or the local and state commercials-i hate them! ugh.
Okay, that's it from Lanieville. Come on Nov. 4th! :)
What do you mean all of a sudden? I've always listened to my mommy! Except for when she begged me not to move to AZ, of course.
You can be my favorite as long as we never, ever, EVER discuss politics over the next 4-8 years! Oh, and as long as you stop rooting for the Raiders. And if you're a hockey fan, don't you DARE root for the Devils! But other than that, yeah, you can still be my favorite. :)
Yeah Michael, don't root for the Devils, root for the Islanders instead. We're trying to meet our quota of 10 fans this year. If you join that will make 2!
it's really hard for me to sit on the sidelines when i want to debate the issues. however, some smart french guy (voltaire) said " i may not agree with what you are saying but i will defend to the death your right to say it." ... or something close to that.. one thing i think we can all agree on is that EVERYONE HAS TO GET OUT and VOTE and make sure that everyone you know has a way to get to the polls!!
HI Jan!! How are you? Amber I have one very important fact for you. If a President serves for 8 years he or she gets a very large pension and lots of security. So to save the country some money I say vote for MeCain, how long can he live after 8 years. Obama can live for 40 years or so.
Blah blah blah... I thought we were dropping this subject! I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change my mind. So let's all agree to hate the KC Chiefs and move on. :)
37 comments:
I think most of us are voting for him because we think he's the best candidate. Well, that's why I'm voting for him, anyway... but the Colorado thing sure doesn't hurt!
Of course McCain is from Arizona and that's where I live... now I'm all confused. :)
OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA!!!!
LOVE,
DEASHIA LOL
Oh Please just because he speaks well does not quailify him for President! McCain is the man!! And he's bringing a women!!
Lol very funny Mikey - your going DOWN...... LOL
It's like the movie "Hook" now I know with 3 girls you've must have seen it. When the boys realize that Robin Williams is really Peter Pam the little kid says "Hey, GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!"
So, Hey give Obama a chance he can't do any worse then the one we have for the past 8 years. Hey Deashia could do better then him.
kisses
Joyce,
your not allowed to vote until you learn which side won the civil war!
btw, tonights the night!
After Palins speech, it should be pretty clear how fast Obamabiden will be going dooooooown!
I can't stand the idea of listening to Sarah Palin's shrill, shrieking voice for 4 years! The GOP ticket is a zombie and a banshee. Yeeesh. :)
GO OBAMA!!! GOBAMA!
LOL
Oh Stephen I know who won the Civil war(of course not from going to school mind you) it's because I watched the movie "Glory" with you silly LOL
My man Denzel!
Hum! was it the North or was it the South? I can't remember let's watch the movie again (without Sandy this time) oops sorry San!
I love you anyway
Hey guys -- yep, Palin's shrill, but punchy. Damn divisive speech, I thought. What are they so angry about? 8 years ain't enough, I guess. Well, just sayin' hi to y'all from your favorite works-in-the-liberal-media guy. - B
Hi Joycee,
There is no way, if you watched Palin's speech last night, that you wouldn't have connected to her. It is sooo exciting!
To anyone, Palin's "shrill" is a whole lot easier to digest than Oby's constant "head tilt corination stance" during his admittingly effective, incredibly empty speeches.
Bruce,
Get your dad on this blog pronto! I might need backup ;-)
First don't talk about voices when we had to listen to the Hill for so many months. Second you have to admit that Bama boy has no plan no ideas. Sarah made him look like the puppet he is. ALL TALK nothing he has done supports him to be president.
Now don't you really feel that McCain is a real American, who loves this country more than anything.
Of course I think McCain is a real American who loves this country. I just don't agree with his policies or how much he supports the WORST PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY. And I don't agree with anything Sarah Palin has to say. I wouldn't vote for Hillary based solely on gender and she was actually qualified to be president. I'll be damned if I vote for Sarah Palin just because she's pretty. A pro-life woman from Alaska who's just dying to drill for oil in her own backyard and who they're saying "has foreign policy experience because Alaska is close to Russia"? Give me an effin' break.
How can you say Obama has no plan or ideas? Did you even listen to his speech? If you did, then we heard two very different speeches. The one I heard laid out plans for lowering middle class taxes, bettering our schools, ending the misguided war responsibly, getting healthcare for all, and ending our dependency on oil. Did you not hear any of those ideas and plans? Maybe you watched the speech on mute?
DID he say how he would do this. I can say the same thing but the question is HOW???
I would vote for Sarah Palin cause she's pretty....
Truth be told cousins,
We really should leave politics OFF the cousin blog. Things could get nasty, and since we are a pretty loving, peaceful, incredibly WARPED family, i wouldn't want politics to jeopardise what we have.
So lets stop with this crappy topic...OK.
At least until McCain wins the election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Unlike John McCain, I will stop giving tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas"
"Now is the time to end this addiction, and to understand that drilling is a stop-gap measure, not a long-term solution. Not even close. As president, I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology, and find ways to safely harness nuclear power. I'll help our auto companies retool, so that the fuel-efficient cars of the future are built right here in America."
"I'll invest 150 billion dollars over the next decade in affordable, renewable sources of energy — wind power and solar power and the next generation of biofuels; an investment that will lead to new industries and 5 million new jobs that pay well and can't ever be outsourced."
"Now, many of these plans will cost money, which is why I've laid out how I'll pay for every dime — by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens that don't help America grow. But I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work and making the ones we do need work better and cost less — because we cannot meet 21st century challenges with a 20th century bureaucracy."
You know, just to name a few...
Sorry Stephen! I was busy researching that post while you were posting yours so I didn't see it until I posted mine. I'll drop the topic now.
You know Am, if i were Sarah Palin or McCain or Obama, you know what i would do?
I would veto anything pro-life, and drill in my own backyard! I would increase defense spending, and NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it(charity is an individual choice).
But i would give peace a chance(as Winston O Boogie once said) ;-)
Love to all who don't agree(cause you my cousins)
I SAY "BRING ON THE CRUISE BABY!!!
Stephen O'Sullivan for president! (because he has about as much experience as Palin or Obama but he's much funnier than both!)
First thing i will do as president is put you and your mom in charge of entertianment!
I will need a court jester..any suggestions?
Yeah, your alter ego!
Hi cousins!
Okay-i apologize to those of you who read what i'm about to post from the goodman blog---but i can't sit here quietly any longer. And for the record? I changed the channel after the first 10 minutes of her speech...I couldn't listen to her anymore.
But here is my (lengthy) opinion on the Sarah Palin thing-and it has nothing to do with her experience, or lack thereof.
Being as I have been a mother to a special needs child for almost 25 years now, Sarah's number one JOB and COMMITMENT in her life right now should taking care of that adorable down-syndrome baby. Every time they show her other adorable very LITTLE girl holding that baby in the audience, I say to Mark...SHE should be holding him. I don't care if it sounds sexist, I don't care if it sounds old-fashioned...because what it really is is a fact of life...those kids need their mother available to them 24/7. Including the one who is pregnant. I don't care if she had all the political experience in the world...there is no way a nanny, or I'm sorry, even the dad-can replace a mom who is traveling thousands of miles away week after week after week. She already HAD a demanding job as govenor and should be happy and thankful if she could mix mothering and that job. It's one thing to be a working mother trying to raise 5 children with your office in the same state you live in...but to go to places like Israel and Iraq, not to mention the danger she puts herself in where those kids can even lose their mom- to me, is morally wrong. She wanted to have a big family---it was her CHOICE to create this large beautiful family, then take care of them. Her husband looks like the lime-light is the last place he wants to be. Ice-fishing one day and then on stage before 39 million people the next is unfair to him as well.
Anyhow, that's what I think. (you probably liked it better when I was quiet huh? heehee!)
And no matter who wins, or who we all prefer, either way it's going to be a very close and interesting race. It's been interesting from the start! And I'm willing to bet the one thing we can ALL AGREE ON is how we all can't wait to have all the political commercials over with! Does anyone even listen to ANY of them? Whether they be from Obama/McCain or the local and state commercials-i hate them! ugh.
Okay, that's it from Lanieville. Come on Nov. 4th! :)
Great point, mommles!!!
Hey Amber,
All of a sudden you start listening to your mommy?? I still want to be your favorite. I am nobody's favorite, please don't dump me over Obama
What do you mean all of a sudden? I've always listened to my mommy! Except for when she begged me not to move to AZ, of course.
You can be my favorite as long as we never, ever, EVER discuss politics over the next 4-8 years! Oh, and as long as you stop rooting for the Raiders. And if you're a hockey fan, don't you DARE root for the Devils! But other than that, yeah, you can still be my favorite. :)
Yeah Michael, don't root for the Devils, root for the Islanders instead. We're trying to meet our quota of 10 fans this year. If you join that will make 2!
I already root for the Islanders so we are stuck at 2.
The Islanders I can live with. Jersey? Not so much. Schmucks.
Hey, my cousin Tara (Don's daughter) is a die-hard Isles fan so that makes 3 for you!
My brother in law loves them. He even wears a Islanders Jersey.
You're up to 4 fans, Stephen! How exciting!
it's really hard for me to sit on the sidelines when i want to debate the issues. however, some smart french guy (voltaire) said " i may not agree with what you are saying but i will defend to the death your right to say it." ... or something close to that.. one thing i think we can all agree on is that EVERYONE HAS TO GET OUT and VOTE and make sure that everyone you know has a way to get to the polls!!
i love my cousins!
I agree Jan, your cousins are awesome aren't they!
HI Jan!! How are you? Amber I have one very important fact for you. If a President serves for 8 years he or she gets a very large pension and lots of security. So to save the country some money I say vote for MeCain, how long can he live after 8 years. Obama can live for 40 years or so.
Blah blah blah... I thought we were dropping this subject! I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change my mind. So let's all agree to hate the KC Chiefs and move on. :)
BTW, Jan, that is a fantastic quote! I love it!
Jan/Amber:
Voltaire also said" If there were no such thing as God, it would be necessary to invent one."
Uncle John
Post a Comment