Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cruise??

So when are we going to plan this family cruise?

17 comments:

StullyO said...

Well, first we need to know who would be serious about going. Those who are semi-serious need to be konked into serious.

Then when would we want to go? March, april, may '09? Or Nov, Dec?

Then what cruise line? If anyone has a prefference?

Carnival
Royal Carribean
Princess
Celebrity
Norweigen

Carribean cruise Prices, depending on line, when, and where should run:
Regular stateroom(no window) $450-$600
Porthole rooms $600-$750
Balcony $750-$900
Suites $900 plus
This is per person.

A trip to Greece would be VERY expensive.

All I know is Sandy and I are going in 4 weeks on Royal Carribean. We are so psyched! This will be the 2nd RC trip in December for us. The first one was awesome. Sandy and i stayed in a regular room with RC, and it was just fine.

Amber/Lotus said...

I went on a Carnival cruise with my ex-husband and stayed in a no-window room and we were totally fine. It's not like we never got to see the ocean just cause there was no window!

I'm willing to be March, April, or May might be too soon because most of us are totally broke. If I can land a well-paying job, I am definitely in. If I'm stuck working the front desk of some hotel for $10/hour again, I probably can't go. We'll see...

Amber/Lotus said...

*willing to bet, not willing to be*

lanie said...

We need to find out about a group rate/discount!

And like Mark is saying right now..."I'm so broke I can't pay attention!"

So hopefully things will improve in '09 or the only ship I'll be sailing on will be the USS Hardship! Yikes!

Michael S said...

Can't someone marry someone wealthy?

litta said...

I don't care when or where as long as we don't cruise on holland america! total snore!!!

Amber/Lotus said...

Hey Michael, I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "A husband is NOT a financial plan!". True story!

But yes, I plan to marry well when I get back to CO. :)

Anonymous said...

Count me in as long as it's not before a year from now because I finally found a job and I wouldn't have vacation until then plus need to save.

I've never been on a cruise and I would Love to go!

Renee said...

Congrat's on the new job Joyce! I hope you like it! I think a cruise next year might be better for alot of us.
xoxo
Renee

StullyO said...

Well, from the comments so far, it looks like the end of the year would be the best time to go. Also, it seems better to set sail from new york.

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee,

Thanks - I will be working on the Hiv/Aids floor in North Shore/LIJ hospital in Manhasset where Diana was a patient in the hospital for 3 straight months and had her doctors for awhile. I know that even though it might be rough walking back into the same hospital I know Diana will be right next to me keeping me going. The way the economy is going I am very grateful to have found a job.

Love to all of your family and give a big kiss to my Uncle John & Aunt Nina!

Your cus,
Joyce

litta said...

joyce I am so happy for you. I think this is exactly were God wants you to be. you are such an inspiration to people joyce and maybe you'll even find a certain peace working there. Diana would be proud! By the way you and Richy are on my five year plan. that means you only have five years until you Both must move to Colorado!

Amber/Lotus said...

Stephen, what do you mean set sail from NY? Warm beachy cruises set sail from Texas or Florida or San Diego. New England and Canadian cruises leave from NY. And if we're doing a cruise in November of next year, I don't wanna do a cold Canadian one! Please advise. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Litta,

Ok is it a 5 year plan starting from last year when Richy got here or starting now??? LOL

Hey I no longer say "that will NEVER happen" so 5 years it is!! Maybe Randy will buy us a house in Colorado - one never knows...

Love you and give your MaMa a big kiss for me!!

StullyO said...

Hi amber. The main reason i said NY was because my brother doesn't fly. Now your'e right, who wants to set sail freezing thier ass off, something that slipped my mind when i wrote that. There are certian tours that do leave from NY in Nov,Dec that travel tooo florida and bahamas and such. But there is more flexibility with the florida ports. More choices etc, etc. Its still early yet.

Amber/Lotus said...

He doesn't fly at all? He maybe get around that the way my grandma Elaine always gets around it: Amtrak! The ex-travel agent in me thinks there are some Bahamas cruises that leave from South Carolina since the Bahamas are so far north (compared to the Caribbean). That would be a shorter train ride for your bro, although it's usually a more expensive flight from Denver. Hey he could ride the train with Bruce, too! Of course, Bruce doesn't just not fly, Bruce doesn't leave Manhattan, so that might be a tough sell... :)

We've definitely got some options, though! Good thinking, cousin.

Michael S said...

Hey Joyce,


So glad you found a new job. It sounds like the place you should be. I hope it works out well for you.

Michael